Friday, January 13, 2012

My First Post!

I am a newbie to the blog world, but I'm sure I'll catch up pretty quickly.  Let me explain the purpose of my blog.  I am a big fan of Pinterest for finding new recipes and new organization tips.  My problem with Pinterest, though, is that most of the blog recipe links include a ton of processed, artificial food.  I find myself altering recipes I want to try pretty significantly to make them organic/minimally processed/additive free.  It shouldn't be that complicated!  I plan to post recipes already converted to this lifestyle so that my readers can make all of their favorite comfort foods, desserts, healthy meals, and snacks without having to figure out how to edit recipes.  I enjoy experimenting and altering recipes to be healthier and more natural so why not share my talent with y'all?  I know it will take time to get this blog up and running to a place where it is most beneficial to my readers but I hope you will be patient with me and I hope you learn a lot along the way!  I welcome comments and suggestions about recipes and ideas that I post!  Some of my recipes will be super healthy while others will be desserts that I experimented with.  I am a firm believer in eating healthy but allowing yourself to indulge once in a while.  As long as the recipe isn't filled with chemicals and harmful food additives, you will find it here :).  You'd be surprised how many recipes that call for these products (i.e. Campbell's condensed soups filled with MSG) can be changed to use healthier, safer ingredients.  I hope you find a lot to take from my blog!

No comments: